Task for Mobile QA Automation
Your task is to write automated tests preferably with Appium, or Detox to demonstrate your test automation abilities.
- Start a new github repository with detailed "README" document on how to execute the tests.
- Download Amazon Shopping Android or App Store Package (APK or IPA)
- Write end-to-end tests fulfilling the Acceptance Criteria below.
- Publish test execution report in html format.
- Prepare a test summary report and include the information about platform, app, tools etc
- Include all tests related document in same github repository.
- Use below package and activity name (Appium)
Scenario 1: [Check the total displayed number of results for category Smart Home | Televisions]
- Open app on Amazon.com store
- Click on Shop by Department from burger menu
- Choose category ‘Electronics’
- Choose sub-category category ’TV & VIDEO’
- Filter with ’Smart TV’ and click show results
- Check the total number of results match the total displayed in filter
Scenario 2: [Check filter by department in Deals and Promotions page]
- Tab on Today's Deals
- From Departments filter, Show see more
- Select Software department
- Assert on choosing the correct selected department
Scenario 3: [Check the selected currency displayed for the products' price]
- Go to Currency Settings
- Select Country & Language
- Change currency from 'USD' to 'AED'
- Save changes
- Assert on selected currency displayed for Deals and Promotions products
Scenario 4: [Check Product Detail Page image swipe, Payments Option, Pricing, Stock, Add to Cart ]
- Tap on the Search bar and search for "Apple"
- Tap the picture of the product and swipe Left to Right
- The price of the product is displayed
- Verify payment options are displayed
- Verify out of stock or in stock, information is showing on the page.
- Tap and verify add to cart feature
Bonus Round (not required, but nice-to-have)
- Integration of your tests into a CI pipeline
- Manual test cases to cover the given scenarios
- Report any found bugs with associated screenshots
- BDD integration with any BDD framework (Cucumber, Serenity etc)
- Surprise us…
Prioritized from most important to least important, here are our evaluation criteria:
- Acceptance Criteria: Have all acceptance criteria been fulfilled correctly?
- Code Quality: Is the code that you've written clean, well-structured and easy to understand?
- Documentation: Did you document how to run your tests well? Is your written communication clear and easy-to-understand?
- The extra mile: Everything you did on top of the acceptance criteria.
How to submit your work
Create a public repo on Github and push your code on it. then share the link back with the team.